Search This Blog

Thursday 9 September 2021

Autumn Sunset By Emma Thacker

 


Autumn Sunset

Red sky at night
Shepherd's delight,
As I cross the fields of gold.
The sun falling through
Memories true
As the autumnal breeze grows cold.

The sky is aflame
And the clouds call my name,
With glimpses of its kingdom within,
But on I must go,
For as we all know
Those lands are for immortal kin.

Red sky at night
Poet's delight
As I watch the clouds paint a scene.
The skeletal trees
Shift in the breeze
As a tear falls for everything I've seen.

Yet the sky is aflame
As my tears fall again
At the beauty that must now sleep.
But on I must go
As the sun sinks so low
And the clouds into darkness seep.

And although I leave this place
And clouds clothe the starlit space,
I have been.
I have seen.
And, when I dream
I shall fly with the immortals
The clouds at my feet.

I shall fly 'till it's light
Into poet's delight.


No comments:

Post a Comment