Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 April 2021

Through the Trees by Emma Thacker

 


Through the Trees by Emma Thacker

 

The warmth of sunlight

Melting like butter on my winter worn skin,

New yet comfortably familiar

Like a glow from within.

Blossom by blue,

All so new,

Branches waving,

Buds bursting through.

A call to awaken from tree to tree,

As the birds look around and feel what I see

As I walk on my way 

Through the trees.

 

Before long the spaces between skeletal branches

Will be filled with green upon green,

The arc of those budding fingers 

Reaching for the blue,

Reaching out to the warmth and hope 

Of life itself.

Leaving behind the darkened crisp shades 

Of all their yesterdays.

I crunch them beneath my feet.

The past feeding the new, 

Green on blue,

Sounds unseen,

So pristine.

As I wind my way

Through the trees.

 

I breathe in to fill my soul 

With the newness, the hope.

Memories of woodland dreams

Dance playfully through my very consciousness. 

Scents remembered as dreams become reality,

The slumber of winter soul's shut down

Finally ceasing.

Smiles and music,

Droning planes, 

Insence and wine,

Time repeating time,

As I sit on a fallen tree,

On my way 

Through the trees.

 

The golden glow of sun on outstretched fingers

Reaching for life in the cloudless sky,

Striped white by the trails of journeys above

As life outside just passes on by.

The breeze intensifies like a warming hug,

Washing away the clouds of yesterday,

Washing away the tears,

Hope for the futre

Understanding the past, the fears,

Reaching for the cloudless sky

Green all around as birds fly on by.

Smiles and music,

Blue upon green,

Memories of all the happiness I have ever seen.

Nature's power blown on the breeze,

As I finish my walk,

My walk through the trees.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment