Search This Blog

Sunday 4 July 2021

Summer Haze by Emma Thacker

 


Summer Haze

The summer sun brings its warming smiles.
Scented Rose petal love and walks for miles.
A summer garden's sensual gifts,
Sees bees hop from flower to flower,
Working in shifts.

Fuchsias dance in the breeze,
Like tiny delicate ballerina girls,
As beautiful as diamonds,
As precious as pearls.

Even the buttercups and daisies,
Sprout through the forest of grass,
Watching every moment pass,
With smiles on their determined faces,
For they appear in many places.

And while I sit here in this garden in July,
Watching as the world goes by,
The birds my orchestra,
The flowers my show,
I wish all days could pass so beautifully slow.

I breathe in lavender scented air.
I sit and dream without a care,
For while I am here nothing gets in the way.
Nothing can ruin this summer day.

For now it is just the birds and the trees,
The scented air,
The caring breeze.
For now it is just the flowers and me,
On this summer day,
Sat under my tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment