Search This Blog

Thursday 6 May 2021

The Moonlight Adventure by Emma Thacker

 



The clock struck three,

 As the moon shone down.

 Drifting colours,

 Blinking in and out of existence.

 Swirls of darkness,

Pushing me further down the rabbit hole…

And nothing…nothing at all!

So long, yet no time at all,

As I fall.

One breath so fast, and here,

Here I lay,

But where is HERE?

Is it night or day?

The past, the present all combined,

Leaves questions floating in my mind,

Yet soon they vanish like bubbles in the breeze.

Where am I going?

Tell me please.

I find a door, I must go through,

Drawn inside, floating along as if my feet had no meaning or existence in this realm.

Drawn into a familiar place.

Before me waits a familiar face.

How long has it been since I have seen you?

Since I have felt your warmth?

Yet here you are!

Here you stand.

I don’t understand…

How can this be?

What more can I see?

As I reach for you and envelop myself in your loving arms,

All of time and space becomes meaningless.

The room fades into the emerald emptiness of a field in summer.

Sunflowers tower above me,

The yellow sea,

Stretching into infinity.

Marshmallow clouds toasted by the grapefruit sun,

Bring a smile to my face as I wander on.

I wonder…

The madness so ordinary,

So seemingly clear,

I leap and bound into next year.

See the world as it should really be,

I feel it looking back at me,

Yet it all falls away again,

Time, memories, images, pain.

Things that once were,

Things that will never be,

Things that make no sense,

Things I try not to see,

Things right now confronting me.

As I fall.

Into nowhere and nothing at all,

Like Alice by the riverbank with tales so tall.

Drifting colours,

Swirls of darkness,

Pulling me back to reality for evermore,

As the moon shone down,

And the clock struck four…


No comments:

Post a Comment